Photo

error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
what is error 80020148 ..I get that when I try to play a couple of my iso games....running 4.01 M33-2 1.50 kernal....thanks..:)

edit...found it on the error list...any solutions?

Skitz

Skitz

Legendary Member | Hacker | Owner/Founder Of Gamer Heist

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
That is the error you get when a game is too new to use on your current firmware. There are to ways to fix this.

1. Patch all newer games to work on your firmware. This will need to be manually done every tme you get a game that's too new for your firmware, and considering your seriously outdated CFW, that may be most existing games.

2. Upgrade your Psp CFW.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
not sure how to update...just got the pandora items and upgraded to what I have now....I am sooo new at this...sorry..can you help?..and I def don't know how to patch...lol

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
Well, you should upgrade your firmware anyway, whether you wanna play new games or not, because that CFW you have is seriously slowing your Psp down from it's full potential. Please keep in mind that an update to firmware will cause old save data to show up as corrupted, as savedata has trouble moving across different CFWs. So if you're sure you don't need any of the saves you currently have, we'll continue.

Also, there are two CFWs you can upgrade to that I strongly recommend. Feel free to use either, just say the word and I'll help you get there. The CFWs are:

1. 5.50 GEN D-3 (MAY require patching for certain games, but has the greatest homebrew/app support/selection of any existing CFW)

2. 6.60 PRO B-10 (will play all games without the need of patching, has benefits like "speed increase" for 6XX to make your Psp run smoother, lets you use the original Sony apps for 6XX that older CFW won't support).

There, I've given you your choices. Now choose

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
Thanks skitz...will decide and let you know in a day or so...have a few things going on I need to get out of the way so I can concentrate on my psp..:)

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts

Thanks skitz...will decide and let you know in a day or so...have a few things going on I need to get out of the way so I can concentrate on my psp..:)

No rush, i'll be ready when you are my friend.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
Hi Skitz...when ever you have time ...let me know...thanks..:)

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts

Hi Skitz...when ever you have time ...let me know...thanks..:)

Hey have you decided on what CFW you want yet?

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
6.60 PRO B-10

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
Ok. Use your Pandora to revert back to OFW. After you've done that just connect your Psp to the net and run an update. After you're done come back and let me know.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
Skitz, I haven't forgotton...just had so much going on.....will get back to you soon...:)

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts

Skitz, I haven't forgotton...just had so much going on.....will get back to you soon...:)

No prob man. I'm glad that unlike the others you have the decency to let me know what's up though, I appreciate it. I'll be here like always when you're ready bud. Take your time

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
updating now...:)

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
Great, now for the finishing touches. Download This. Extract it, you'll see various folders. You're only using the rar file called 660 so forget about the others. Extract the rar and inside you'll see folders. You won't be using all of them. Copy the sdk folder to your root, the PROUPDATE folder to your GAME folder, and the CIPL Folder to your GAME folder. Forget about the Fast Recovery, it's not for you. Go back to your Psp and run the PROUPDATE, follow the instructions and install. When it's done check to see if your CFW says 6.60 PRO B-10. If it does, go and run the CIPL Flasher and install it. Congrats on your new CFW. You can now delete the CIPL Flasher, and I recommend it to avoid mistakes. Always leave the sdk folder where it is, and the vsh_main if you got one on your root after the process was complete. You can delete the PROUPDATE as well though if you wanted to uninstall the CFW you'd need it, so keep it somewhere safe like on your PC etc if you don't it on your MS.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
Go back to your Psp and run the PROUPDATE

no go, says..this program doesn't support your FW.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
Couldn't connect...times out...

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
Didn't you update your FW to 6.60? Did you use the correct rar? Something isn't right. It will work if done correctly. I need steps. Tell me what you did exactly.

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
i'm back at ofw....I was connecting to internet for update...and it keeps timing out...i'm on wireless and I put the wep code in and it says its wrong...soi did auto..and it keeps timing out ...idk...

Skitz

Skitz

• Retired
  • 4,325 posts
Ok hold on a sec I'll get the eboot so you can do it manually ok?

debb

debb

• Members
  • 36 posts
cool, ty..:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users