Change
Photo

How do I add a cover picture to a .mp4 file?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Shwardawg

Shwardawg

The Dawg

• Premium Member
  • 688 posts
I have some videos on my psp that I would like to have cover pictures on like you can do on .mp3 files. If anyone know how and could help me that would be great.

goldfinger

goldfinger

• Assistant
  • 948 posts
QUOTE (fatmando2 @ Aug 19 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have some videos on my psp that I would like to have cover pictures on like you can do on .mp3 files. If anyone know how and could help me that would be great.

Do you mean thumbnail images for your mp4 video files?
You can take a screen shot, scan the cover; but you must size your picture exactly 160x120 pixels, save it as a jpeg name it the same as the video it represents and put it in the same folder as your video. In some cases you may have to change that .jpeg extension to .thm, I am not sure why that is but the videos I have some work with .jpeg thumbnails the others only work with .thm thumbnails.

If it is an Album cover you want to show:
Put all the songs from the album in i folder, put your picture with the name of the album in there too
Your picture needs to be 400x400 pixels, and .jpeg format works for me (I have tried larger resolutions but 400x400 is the only size that worked for me)
Put the folder inside your Memory stick Music folder

Shwardawg

Shwardawg

The Dawg

• Premium Member
  • 688 posts
QUOTE (goldfinger @ Aug 19 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you mean thumbnail images for your mp4 video files?
You can take a screen shot, scan the cover; but you must size your picture exactly 160x120 pixels, save it as a jpeg name it the same as the video it represents and put it in the same folder as your video. In some cases you may have to change that .jpeg extension to .thm, I am not sure why that is but the videos I have some work with .jpeg thumbnails the others only work with .thm thumbnails.

If it is an Album cover you want to show:
Put all the songs from the album in i folder, put your picture with the name of the album in there too
Your picture needs to be 400x400 pixels, and .jpeg format works for me (I have tried larger resolutions but 400x400 is the only size that worked for me)
Put the folder inside your Memory stick Music folder

Ok, thanks a lot, I will try it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users