Welcome to PSPerspective | Exclusive PSP Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason xXx

Trying to play MKV files with AC3 or DTS audio?

Have you ever downloaded a movie or a TV show or even anime that wouldn't play on your Android? 

Or have you ever gotten an error saying AC3 or DTS audio not supported?

Then you do some research on different video players and even asked people about what's the prefered video player and the all say VLC is the best for Android. 

But that isn't true I would highly recommend MX Player it's by far the best video player out there it plays all formats even 10bit video encodes that VLC cant handle smoothly you may get the video to play but with major video lag.

Unfortunately neither MX Player or VLC can play AC3 or DTS audio but don't lose hope XDA has released a audio codec that helps play AC3 or DTS audio without any problems. 

If you take the time to go through and read this post you will have a better understanding of what I am talking about.

device-2015-02-06-180320.png

Key Features

Hardware Acceleration - Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.

Multi-core Decoding - MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that dual-core device’s performance is better up to 70% than that of single-core devices.Pinch to Zoom, Zoom and Pan- Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.

Subtitle gestures - Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.

Kids Lock - Keep your kids entertained without having to worry about them making calls or touching other apps. (plugin required)

Audio 

Update Notes:Custom Codec v1.7.32rev1 is for MX Player 1.7.32-1.7.40Custom Codec v1.8.0 is for MX Player 1.8.0-1.8.3Custom Codec v1.8.6 is for MX Player 1.8.6+(Note: MX Player 1.8.4 & 1.8.5 users, Kindly Update your player first to 1.8.6)

About this project:
In Recent version of MX Player DTS & DOLBY audio codec supports are removed from the official MX-Player. If your video has dts/dtshd/ac3/eac3/mlp audio tracks it won't play any audio. Only video will be played. So, I have re-compiled the ffmpeg sources with DTS/DOLBY audio support for our MX-Player lovers.....!!!

Note:
DTS/DOLBY Support doesn't meant that you will get true multichannel audio output. In MX Player it will be downsampled to 2.0 (stereo) since Android doesn't support multichannel audio output

Instructions & Downloads:
             Read the second post

Instructions:

Downloading:
Download one of the following codec according to your platform as mentioned in the player (Go to Settings 》 Decoder 》Custom Codec. Codec required is usually mentioned there). If you are not sure then download the all in one pack (AIO).

Custom Codec v1.7.32 rev1 For MX Player 1.7.39-40
Link: http://upfile.mobi/FbRcEuwQYQT

Custom Codec v1.8.0 (For MX Player 1.8.0-1.8.3 and 1.8.4.nightly.20160125)
Link: http://upfile.mobi/h1f6DptYCXd

Custom Codec v1.8.6 (For MX Player 1.8.6+)
Link: http://upfile.mobi/BkSVT0m1c4B

Installing:
            Method : IKeep the downloaded zip file in the root of your Internal memory or In downloads folderOpen MX PlayerIf compatible codec found, MX Player will automatically ask for the confirmation to use it as custom codec

Screenshot_2014-11-26-15-07-17.png?key=a

If you press OK, MX Player will restart & Load the custom CodecOnce it restarts, from Options Goto Help 》 About. check whether the codec is loaded or not. If Custom Codec is loaded, it will show the platform & custom codec version below the MXPlayer version info.

Method II:Open MX Player on your device.Go to Settings 》 Decoder 》 Custom CodecNavigate into the folder you have saved the file. It will show the downloaded zip file.Select the zip file. If you have selected the right zip file MX Player will Automatically restarts else it will revert with error ("Can't find custom codec for this version"). If you have multiple codecs in a single file (AIO version), it will automatically load the right codec for your deviceOnce it restarts, from Options Goto Help 》 About. check whether the codec is loaded or not. If Custom Codec is loaded, it will show the platform & custom codec version below the MXPlayer version info.

Usage:

In H/W decoder:
If you want to play DTS while using HW decoder, goto Settings 》 Decoder & Enable software audio. By this the Video will be rendered by H/W decoder and audio will be rendered by S/W decoder. (If you want to use it for only particular files when you playing the video, press on audio selection button & Enable S/W audio. S/W audio will be used temporarily for that file.)

In H/W+ & S/W Decoders:
There is no special setting is required

I didn't link the MX player to a apk file haven't found a trust worthy website and didn't want to screw anyone with a malicious apk.

You can find it in the Google Play Store 

They have two versions free and pro 

There is no difference between the two besides the pro doesn't have adds, I have the free version and the adds aren't Bad. 

If you want you can pay $5.99 for pro which gives you no new options.

This is by far way better than VLC for Android.

Try and give an opening statement to this, I'm confused at what you are trying to say

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Try and give an opening statement to this, I'm confused at what you are trying to say

True I didn't think of that thanks for the tip

Much better now :P 

9 hours ago, Hawk said:

Much better now :P 

Thanks lol 

I was in a rush to get it posted before my luck break was over at work.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Jason xXx said:

Thanks lol 

I was in a rush to get it posted before my luck break was over at work.

I hope ya had a good luck break. lol, Sorry I just like to mess with people sometimes.

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, deadkitn said:

I hope ya had a good luck break. lol, Sorry I just like to mess with people sometimes.

Dang I swear this auto-correct sucks 

It's all cool I do it to it's all in good fun 

I hope it doesn't post five times in a Row 

Edited by Jason xXx